Contrary to popular belief, Alcohol DOES have calories and they definitely DO add up fast.
If you are still in the introductory phases of your program (10 day detox or 21 day transformation) it is highly recommended to avoid alcohol as it will absolutely disturb your ability to lose weight and experience the detox effects of your nutrition plan.
However, once you are on step #4 and #5 of your program, the key to having a sustainable plan is learning how to account and track for alcohol.
Follow these steps in order to account for alcohol calories in your MyFitnessPal:
- 1 shot of tequila = 64 calories
- 1 shot of pure vodka = 96 calories
- 1 can of beer = 154 calories
- 1 can of White claws = 100 calories
- 1 shot of whiskey = 70 calories